Monday, November 15, 2010

First 30 min IDESK... not the same

I missed most of the first weekday 30 min IDESK cuz I went to the library, but I did catch the ending. John Vause (for those that don't know, he used to be one of the Beijing guys) filled in for Hala. Which kinda makes me think that Hala is still pissed by the shortened IDESK that she didn't go on air today. Understandable.

Some of my friends have seen it, and they said it's not the same. Which it wasn't because when I came home, African Voices had started.

And of course, we also floated around the issue that Jim Clancy deserves more than 30 minutes... which is so true. He's been at CNN for nearly 30 years now, he's worth MUCH more than 30 minutes.

Anyway, back to the IDESK issue, many scenarios have been floating around, from how Hala was possibly informed to a possible resignation. While I'm more interested in the first issue, the latter one to me seemed likely. The only other option will be that she's taking over Prism (which has extended to an hour, placing the canned programming to the other half of IDESK... you see where we're going) since she was in Abu Dhabi last week. Only time (and chain of events) will tell.

And as for the last post I made, I want to thank everyone who read it, and thanks to Pol Henrotte from Luxembourg (who started this facebook page) for reposting it on the page I just mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment