Monday, August 15, 2011

Playing the "The Feed is Down Again" Game

Most of us CNN Fans want to have CNNI available anywhere. That's why we have online streams, so that when we are away from our TVs, we can have access to it online.

We scrambled in May when Justin.tv took it and several news channels out (even ignored my request to keep it on), so I had to turn to Livestation. In the same period, Rent-A-Drone went live with a whole bunch of news channels, and even offered CNNI, so I was relieved.

Well, for the last 5 days, it constantly went down, in the same hours, from around 6 to 12pm EDT. This doesn't surprise me, because rent-a-drone likes to time out on me, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few hours. Rent-a-drone.org is a total piece of shit, and it will always be a piece of shit. Why? It times out on you without warning, the feed goes down constantly (and don't tell me CNN Europe is having problems, because they're not), and honestly, it's hard to use.

I recommend LiveStation because all others are plugged into the old Justin.tv and have not or did not care to update. Rent-a-drone.org has lost a viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment